- Turnkey hyperspectral core imager
- High resolution imagery
- Objective and consistent digital data
- Applies either VNIR or SWIR wavelength range
- Data acquisition done only once in single scan motion
- Versatile tool for different applications, ideal for research use
- Easily transportable
The SCS is equipped with a single sensor depending on the application requirements. The available pushbroom-based wavelength ranges are VNIR and SWIR. This turnkey solution applies only state-of-the-art components from the Specim product range.
The Single Core Scanner is the answer for the users who essentially need hyperspectral core imaging but produce only limited amount of cores per year. The SCS provides the same functionalities compared to full scale SisuROCK but on a smaller scale. The small size makes it a more portable and ideal research tool for core like samples.
The SCS was designed for studying lake sediment core samples. Depending on the wavelength range used, one can detect either mineralogy or complicated organic compounds like photopigments or alkenones. The imaging ability is the key to discovering the distribution along the core samples.